What is Certified Sales Professional “CSLP” Certification?
Certified Sales Professional “CSLP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in sales and business development as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CSLP’s are experts in leads generation and deals closure. They make excellent sales pitches, read their clients body signs smartly, develop great proposals and present them with a wow effect. CSLP becomes the de-facto for sales professional around the world.
What is the CSLP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CSLP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CSLP must demonstrate competency in. A CSLP:
- Understands the basics of sales, makes calls, prepares excellent sales pitches and seals a deal.
- Overcomes challenges in the sales cycle, influences clients and reaches an agreement.
- Understands basics of proposals, develops solid proposals using various tools and solid process.
- Presents your solution or product with confidence using various tools and delivers wow moments to help seal a deal.
- Negotiates for the best, and under stress with difficult clients. Learns how to win sales deal.s
- Effectively communicates with peers, managers, subordinates and clients, using both verbal and none-verbal communication skills.
- Masters body language for self and others. Learns how to translate facial, hands and other body signs to support leads capturing and sales deal closure.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CSLP certification?
If you are a sales person, business development, or interested in sales and revenue generating, then, CSLP certification is for you. With CSLP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CSLP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Sales executives, associates, Business Development officers and managers.
- Marketing professionals, coordinators and associates.
- Supply chain, bid and procurement professionals
- Managers, Store managers, clerks and many more.
What is CSLP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CSLP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CSLP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study course or study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Study courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CSLP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in sales in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Recertification fees are US $150.
- Click on (Certifications Renewal) to learn more.