What is Certified Sales Professional “CSLP” Certification?
Certified Sales Professional “CSLP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in sales and business development as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CSLP’s are experts in leads generation and deals closure. They make excellent sales pitches, read their clients body signs smartly, develop great proposals and present them with a wow effect. CSLP becomes the de-facto for sales professional around the world.
What is the CSLP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CSLP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CSLP must demonstrate competency in. A CSLP:
- Understands the basics of sales, makes calls, prepares excellent sales pitches and seals a deal.
- Overcomes challenges in the sales cycle, influences clients and reaches an agreement.
- Understands basics of proposals, develops solid proposals using various tools and solid process.
- Presents your solution or product with confidence using various tools and delivers wow moments to help seal a deal.
- Negotiates for the best, and under stress with difficult clients. Learns how to win sales deal.s
- Effectively communicates with peers, managers, subordinates and clients, using both verbal and none-verbal communication skills.
- Masters body language for self and others. Learns how to translate facial, hands and other body signs to support leads capturing and sales deal closure.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CSLP certification?
If you are a sales person, business development, or interested in sales and revenue generating, then, CSLP certification is for your. With CSLP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CSLP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Sales executives, associates, Business Development officers and managers.
- Marketing professionals, coordinators and associates.
- Supply chain, bid and procurement professionals
- Managers, Store managers, clerks and many more.
What is CSLP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CSLP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CSLP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the recent announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
Examples of sales roles: Business Development Manager, Executive, Sales Officer, Sales Agent, Broker, Account Executive, Account Manager…etc.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Paced Training and get the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Pay the certification exam fee.
- Once payment is confirmed, you can schedule by logging to (My Account) in our website and click on (Schedule My Exam) to schedule your preferred date and time.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation for your exam date and time.
- Once your scheduling request is confirmed, it can not be changed unless a separate request is received more than 30 days of the exam scheduled date.
- If a rescheduling request is put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
- On the scheduled exam date and 3 hours before the exam start date, you will receive the exam online link.
- You will take the exam online at the specified date with online proctoring.
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 180 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CSLP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in sales in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for non-members, and US $90 for members.