What is Certified Executive Assistance Professional “CEAP” Certification?
Certified Executive Assistance Professional “CEAP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in executive assistance and office administration as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CEAP’s are effective assistants to executives; whether CEO’s or COO’s. They are effective in managing their activities, dress and dine for success and master business etiquette and are effective gate keepers for their managers and executives.
What is the CEAP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CEAP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CEAP must demonstrate competency in. A CEAP:
- Understands how to deal with their managers, has effective time and meeting management skills, and is effective gate keeper.
- Is organized, administers office work and workplace effectively and communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Understands etiquette, professional in meeting and greeting people and dines and dresses for success.
- Has efficient and effective writing skills for professional emails, business letters, reports and proposals.
- Is presentable, confidently addresses media and the public with unique public speaking skills, when required.
- Is personally organized with unique skills to prioritize and schedule activities.
- Is productive with clear goals and objectives.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CEAP certification?
If you are a new secretary, office admin or executive assistant, then, CEAP certification is for you. With CEAP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CEAP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Personal Assistants, Support Staff.
- Executive Assistants.
- Secretaries, Office Administrators.
- Call Centre Agents, Customer Representatives.
- HR executives and many more.
What is CEAP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CEAP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1 hour (60 minutes) – as of Sep 12, 2020.
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CEAP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study course or study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Study courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CEAP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in executive assistance in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Recertification fees are US $150.
- Click on (Certifications Renewal) to learn more.