What is Certified Executive Assistance Professional “CEAP” Certification?
Certified Executive Assistance Professional “CEAP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in executive assistance and office administration as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CEAP’s are effective assistants to executives; whether CEO’s or COO’s. They are effective in managing their activities, dress and dine for success and master business etiquette and are effective gate keepers for their managers and executives.
What is the CEAP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CEAP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CEAP must demonstrate competency in. A CEAP:
- Understands how to deal with their managers, has effective time and meeting management skills, and is effective gate keeper.
- Is organized, administers office work and workplace effectively and communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Understands etiquette, professional in meeting and greeting people and dines and dresses for success.
- Has efficient and effective writing skills for professional emails, business letters, reports and proposals.
- Is presentable, confidently addresses media and the public with unique public speaking skills, when required.
- Is personally organized with unique skills to prioritize and schedule activities.
- Is productive with clear goals and objectives.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CEAP certification?
If you are a new secretary, office admin or executive assistant, then, CEAP certification is for you. With CEAP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CEAP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Personal Assistants, Support Staff.
- Executive Assistants.
- Secretaries, Office Administrators.
- Call Centre Agents, Customer Representatives.
- HR executives and many more.
What is CEAP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CEAP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1 hour (60 minutes) – as of Sep 12, 2020.
- Pass mark is 60%.
- The exam fees are US$225 and are paid online on our Learning Management System (LMS).
- You will get instant access to the exam after making the payment.
- All our fees are in US dollars!
What are the CEAP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study course OR study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee [If you select the Self-Study Course, the exam fee is already included in the course fee]
- Write and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exam preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM. You can register for Self-Study Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days. The course fees are US$690.
The CEAP Self-Study Training Course can be registered online following this link. The course includes the video material, sample questions and the official CEAP exam; all in one package.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘Active‘ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years and prior to its expiry date. Once the certification passes its expiry date, it will show as ”Suspended” in the Certification Registry, and this status remains for 3 months. This would be the last chance to renew the certification without writing the exam again. If the 3 month period elapses, the certification becomes “Expired” and you must write the exam again to earn the certification.
As a CEAP, you have to fill an online form on our Learning Management System ‘LMS’, pay the renewal fee, and you will receive your renewed certification.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Form.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for the 3 year certification cycle.