What is Certified Leadership Professional “CLP” Certification?
Certified Leadership Professional “CLP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in leadership as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CLP’s are visionary, passionate and influential leaders. They apply unique knowledge and skills to build inspiring visions, develop great people, and deliver successful results. CLP’s would be the new game changer for today and tomorrow’s leaders and workplaces.
What is the CLP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CLP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CLP must demonstrate competency in. A CLP:
- Understands leadership theories and practices, crafts inspiring vision, sets goals and enables others.
- Has Business shrewdness, applies risk strategies, and develops KPIs.
- Develops the next manager, motivates and promotes performance.
- Effectively communicates with various team sizes and influences behaviours.
- Is emotionally intelligent and deploys EQ tools to lead and inspire.
- Is a change agent, crafts and deploys effective change management strategies.
- Is a coach and mentor who develops people to overcome their challenges.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
- Applies various motivational theories and practices to ensure people are motivated and encouraged to deliver.
- Is flexible and smart in dealing with various levels of people; whether junior or senior and manages conflict effectively.
Should you apply for CLP certification?
If you are a go-getter, visionary, passionate about people management and making enterprise successes, then, CLP certification is for you. You do not need to be occupying a leading role in your organization to apply for CLP certification.
Various people are pursuing CLP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Managers, Executives
- Team leaders
- Sales, Marketing , business development professionals.
- Administrators, change officers and many more.
What is CLP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CLP, the exam:
- Has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 2 hours – As of Sep 12, 2020.
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CLP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study Course or study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Pass your exam.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM. You can register for Self-Study courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years.
As a CLP, you have to fill an online form on our Learning Management System ‘LMS’, pay the renewal fee, and you will receive your renewed certification.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Form.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for the 3 year certification cycle.