What is Certified Management Professional “CMP” Certification?
Certified Management Professional “CMP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in management as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CMP’s are business shrewd, decision makers with excellent organizing, planning and controlling skills. They strategize and execute consistently, critical thinkers with excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
What is the CMP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CMP BoK comprises of various themes which a CMP must demonstrate competency in. A CMP:
- Understands the core basics of management; organizes plans and controls, executes strategy and manages organizations and teams.
- Is a business shrewd with the required business and financial literacy, manages by objectives and plans with risk in mind.
- Coaches and develops subordinates, measures performances and motivates them.
- Is critical thinker, problem solver and resilient.
- Sets expectations and goals and delegates effectively .
- Excellent in communication, verbally and non-verbally, exercises unique listening skills and manages conversations effectively.
- Manages effectively various personalities and builds positive office environment.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
- Is effective in resolving conflict and applies various tools to create mutual understanding and positive environment.
- Applies best practices in project management, initiates, plans, executes, monitors and closes projects for success.
Should you apply for CMP certification?
If you are a new manager, middle manager, or senior executive, then, CMP certification is for you. With CMP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CMP certification, including, but not limited to:
- New Managers, Middle Managers, Executives
- HR, Sales, Marketing , business development managers and professionals.
- Project Managers, Program Managers
- Subject Matter Experts SME’s and many more.
What is CMP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CMP, the exam:
- Has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 3 hours.
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CMP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study Course or study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Study courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CMP, you have to demonstrate that you have 60 hours of professional experience in management in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Recertification fees are US $150.
- Click on (Certifications Renewal) to learn more.