What is Certified Management Professional “CMP” Certification?
Certified Management Professional “CMP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in management as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CMP’s are business shrewd, decision makers with excellent organizing, planning and controlling skills. They strategize and execute consistently, critical thinkers with excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
What is the CMP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CMP BoK comprises of various themes which a CMP must demonstrate competency in. A CMP:
- Understands the core basics of management; organizes plans and controls, executes strategy and manages organizations and teams.
- Is a business shrewd with the required business and financial literacy, manages by objectives and plans with risk in mind.
- Coaches and develops subordinates, measures performances and motivates them.
- Is critical thinker, problem solver and resilient.
- Sets expectations and goals and delegates effectively .
- Excellent in communication, verbally and non-verbally, exercises unique listening skills and manages conversations effectively.
- Manages effectively various personalities and builds positive office environment.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
- Is effective in resolving conflict and applies various tools to create mutual understanding and positive environment.
- Applies best practices in project management, initiates, plans, executes, monitors and closes projects for success.
Should you apply for CMP certification?
If you are a new manager, middle manager, or senior executive, then, CMP certification is for your. With CMP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CMP certification, including, but not limited to:
- New Manager, Middle Managers, Executives
- HR, Sales, Marketing , business development managers and professionals.
- Project Managers, Program Managers
- Subject Matter Experts SME’s and many more.
What is CMP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CMP, the exam:
- Has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 3 hours.
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CMP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the recent announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
Examples of management roles: Functional Manager, HR/Finance/Marketing/Sales/Purchasing Manager, Product Manager…etc.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Paced Training and get the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Pay the certification exam fee.
- Once payment is confirmed, you can schedule by logging to (My Account) in our website and click on (Schedule My Exam) to schedule your preferred date and time.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation for your exam date and time.
- Once your scheduling request is confirmed, it can not be changed unless a separate request is received more than 30 days of the exam scheduled date.
- If a rescheduling request is put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
- On the scheduled exam date and 3 hours before the exam start date, you will receive the exam online link.
- You will take the exam online at the specified date with online proctoring.
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 180 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CMP, you have to demonstrate that you have 60 hours of professional experience in management in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for non-members, and US $90 for members.