What is Certified Marketing Professional “CMKP” Certification?
Certified Marketing Professional “CMKP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in marketing and advertising as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CMKP’s are dynamic and fluid professionals who master conveying corporate messages smoothly, promptly and with a wow effect. They master marketing, marketing research, internet and social media, PR and media networking, public speaking and how to present a brand, a product or an image that would be never forgotten.
What is the CMKP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CMKP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CMKP must demonstrate competency in. A CMKP:
- Understands basics of marketing, communicates corporate message in an effective way using mixes of marketing strategies.
- Conducts market research for real time and social media marketing, masters SEO for online presence and runs successful campaigns.
- Professionally builds networks and deals with PR and media outlets.
- Presents like professionals with various tools and communication strategies, and using vibrant videos and audios.
- Masters public speaking using unique process with structured steps and outline.
- Communicates effectively with internally and externally using para-verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Reads and analyzes body language effectively and changes conversation and messages accordingly.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CMKP certification?
If you are a marketing associate, advertising agent or passionate about marketing, then, CMKP certification is for your. With CMKP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CMKP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Marketing associates, coordinators and agents.
- Advertising agents, PR coordinators, Media experts.
- Coordinators, administrators and call centre agents.
- Customer representatives, sales associates and many more.
What is CMKP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CMKP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CMKP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the recent announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
Examples of marketing roles: Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing Specialist, Advertising Officer, Executive, Social Media Expert…etc.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Paced Training and get the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Pay the certification exam fee.
- Once payment is confirmed, you can schedule by logging to (My Account) in our website and click on (Schedule My Exam) to schedule your preferred date and time.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation for your exam date and time.
- Once your scheduling request is confirmed, it can not be changed unless a separate request is received more than 30 days of the exam scheduled date.
- If a rescheduling request is put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
- On the scheduled exam date and 3 hours before the exam start date, you will receive the exam online link.
- You will take the exam online at the specified date with online proctoring.
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 180 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CMKP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in marketing in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for non-members, and US $90 for members.