What is Certified Strategy Professional “CSP” Certification?
Certified Strategy Professional “CSP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in strategy as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CSP’s are game changers, they create new strategies, new products and new futures to their organizations. CSP’s deploys effectively various strategic planning tools, are business shrewd with unique skills in problems analysis and solving. They are also change agents as they disrupt the status quo with their new ideas and challenges.
What is the CSP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CSP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CSP must demonstrate competency in. A CSP:
- Understands the basics of strategic planning and development, crafts inspiring visions and uses various strategic tools.
- Is a business shrewd with the required business and financial literacy, manages by objectives and plans with risk in mind.
- Demonstrates unique skills in problem definition, analysis and solving.
- Applies logical and critical thinking to complex situations and problems.
- Applies best practices in project management, initiates, plans, executes, monitors and closes projects for success.
- Is a change agent, crafts and deploys effective change management strategies.
- Manages and influences change through the power of positive imagery and appreciation.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CSP certification?
If you are a strategy expert, business analyst or enterprise architect, then, CSP certification is for you. With CSP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CSP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Strategists, Chief Strategy Officers
- Enterprise Analysts, Architects
- Business Analysts, Product Managers, Enterprise Analysts
- Managers, Executives, Senior Managers
- Project Managers, Program Managers and many more.
What is CSP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CSP, the exam:
- Has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 2 hours – As of Sep 12, 2020.
- Pass mark is 60%.
- The exam fees are US$350 and are paid online on our Learning Management System (LMS).
- You will get instant access to the exam after making the payment.
What are the CSP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study Course OR study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee [If you select the Self-Study Course, the exam fee is already included in the course fee]
- Write and pass your exam.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exam preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM. You can register for Self-Study Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days. The course fees are US$790.
The CSP Self-Study Training Course can be registered online following this link. The course includes the video material, sample questions and the official CSP exam; all in one package.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘Active‘ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years and prior to its expiry date. Once the certification passes its expiry date, it will show as ”Suspended” in the Certification Registry, and this status remains for 3 months. This would be the last chance to renew the certification without writing the exam again. If the 3 month period elapses, the certification becomes “Expired” and you must write the exam again to earn the certification.
As a CSP, you have to fill an online form on our Learning Management System ‘LMS’, pay the renewal fee, and you will receive your renewed certification.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Form.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for the 3 year certification cycle.