What is Certified Strategy Professional “CSP” Certification?
Certified Strategy Professional “CSP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in strategy as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CSP’s are game changers, they create new strategies, new products and new futures to their organizations. CSP’s deploys effectively various strategic planning tools, are business shrewd with unique skills in problems analysis and solving. They are also change agents as they disrupt the status quo with their new ideas and challenges.
What is the CSP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CSP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CSP must demonstrate competency in. A CSP:
- Understands the basics of strategic planning and development, crafts inspiring visions and uses various strategic tools.
- Is a business shrewd with the required business and financial literacy, manages by objectives and plans with risk in mind.
- Demonstrates unique skills in problem definition, analysis and solving.
- Applies logical and critical thinking to complex situations and problems.
- Applies best practices in project management, initiates, plans, executes, monitors and closes projects for success.
- Is a change agent, crafts and deploys effective change management strategies.
- Manages and influences change through the power of positive imagery and appreciation.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CSP certification?
If you are a strategy expert, business analyst or enterprise architect, then, CSP certification is for your. With CSP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CSP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Strategists, Chief Strategy Officers
- Enterprise Analysts, Architects
- Business Analysts
- Managers, Executives, Senior Managers
- Project Managers, Program Managers and many more.
What is CSP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CSP, the exam:
- Has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 3 hours.
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CSP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the recent announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
Examples of strategy roles: Chief Strategy Officer, Enterprise Analyst, Strategist, Innovation Manager, Product Manager…etc.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Paced Training and get the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee.
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Pay the certification exam fee.
- Once payment is confirmed, you can schedule by logging to (My Account) in our website and click on (Schedule My Exam) to schedule your preferred date and time.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation for your exam date and time.
- Once your scheduling request is confirmed, it can not be changed unless a separate request is received more than 30 days of the exam scheduled date.
- If a rescheduling request is put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
- On the scheduled exam date and 3 hours before the exam start date, you will receive the exam online link.
- You will take the exam online at the specified date with online proctoring.
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 180 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CSP, you have to demonstrate that you have 60 hours of professional experience in strategy in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for non-members, and US $90 for members.