What is Certified Training Professional “CTP” Certification?
Certified Training Professional “CTP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in training and development as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CTP’s are excellent talent development experts who ensure the right ROI is maintained for every training activity. They are unique facilitators, who present outstandingly and exhibit excellent public speaking skills.
What is the CTP Certification Body of Knowledge?
The CTP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CTP must demonstrate competency in. A CTP:
- Understands basics of training and talent development. They train trainers and prepare them to deliver unique and outstanding training experiences full of interaction and activities.
- Measures and assess training effectiveness using various techniques and tools before, during and after training is delivered.
- Is excellent facilitator, facilitate training sessions and use various tools to handle difficult sessions, people and group dynamics.
- Delivers outstanding presentations, communicates effectively, and uses vibrant videos and audios.
- Is public speaker and understands how to speak with confidence and manages audience.
- Masters their gestures and facial expressions and monitor their body language for effective communication.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CTP certification?
If you are a training specialist, trainer, talent development manager, HR professional or passionate about human resources development and training, then, CTP certification is for you. With CTP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CTP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Training managers and executives.
- HR professionals and recruiters.
- Talent Development Managers, Training officers.
- HR managers, recruiters and many more.
What is CTP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CTP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CTP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Study Course or study the textbook.
- Register and pay the examination fee
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Once you pay for your exam on our Learning Management System (LMS), you will get instant access to the exam. This access cannot be rescheduled and is valid for 30 days.
- If a rescheduling request is required and put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 90 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CTP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in training and talent management in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Recertification fees are US $150.
- Click on (Certifications Renewal) to learn more.