What is Certified Training Professional “CTP” Certification?
Certified Training Professional “CTP” is a certification for professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies in training and development as per the requirements of the Canadian College for Leadership & Management “CCLM”.
CTP’s are excellent talent development experts who ensure the right ROI is maintained for every training activity. They are unique facilitators, who present outstandingly and exhibit excellent public speaking skills.
What are the key themes that the certification course covers?
The CTP BoK comprises of various themes of knowledge and skills which a CTP must demonstrate competency in. A CTP:
- Understands basics of training and talent development. They train trainers and prepare them to deliver unique and outstanding training experiences full of interaction and activities.
- Measures and assess training effectiveness using various techniques and tools before, during and after training is delivered.
- Is excellent facilitator, facilitate training sessions and use various tools to handle difficult sessions, people and group dynamics.
- Delivers outstanding presentations, communicates effectively, and uses vibrant videos and audios.
- Is public speaker and understands how to speak with confidence and manages audience.
- Masters their gestures and facial expressions and monitor their body language for effective communication.
- Is ethical, endorses and enforces ethical practices and respects people’s rights in workplaces.
Should you apply for CTP certification?
If you are a training specialist, trainer, talent development manager, HR professional or passionate about human resources development and training, then, CTP certification is for your. With CTP, you earn the knowledge and get the status and recognition.
Various people are pursuing CTP certification, including, but not limited to:
- Training managers and executives.
- HR professionals and recruiters.
- HR managers, recruiters and many more.
What is CTP Certification Exam?
The certification exam tests your understanding of the certification body of knowledge. For the CTP, the exam:
- Has 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Must be finished in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Pass mark is 60%.
What are the CTP Eligibility Requirements?
As per the recent announcement by the Certification Board of CCLM, All CCLM certification exams are open to all candidates. The eligibility process has been eliminated. Read the announcement here.
Examples of training roles: Talent Development Manager, Officer, Coordinator, Training Manager, Training Coordinator…etc.
How to apply?
The application process is very simple.
- Attend the Self-Paced Training.
- Register and pay the examination fee
- Book and pass your test.
How to schedule your exam?
- Pay the certification exam fee.
- Once payment is confirmed, you can schedule by logging to (My Account) in our website and click on (Schedule My Exam) to schedule your preferred date and time.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation for your exam date and time.
- Once your scheduling request is confirmed, it can not be changed unless a separate request is received more than 30 days of the exam scheduled date.
- If a rescheduling request is put less than 30 days of the scheduled exam date, a fee of US $70 applies.
- All rescheduling requests must be sent to Hello@CCLMCanada.org
- On the scheduled exam date and 3 hours before the exam start date, you will receive the exam online link.
- You will take the exam online at the specified date with online proctoring.
Are you looking for exam preparation courses?
Certification exams preparation courses are offered in traditional instructor-led classroom and online through Registered Partners or directly at CCLM.You can register for Self-Paced Training courses which can be taken anywhere and anytime for 180 days.
Do I need to renew my certification status?
Yes. Certified professionals have to maintain ‘active’ status of their certifications by renewing it every three years. Each certification has a number of recertification hours that must be met.
As a CTP, you have to demonstrate that you have 30 hours of professional experience in training and talent management in a three year cycle.
How do I renew my certification?
- Submit an online Recertification Application.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Recertification fees are US $150 for non-members, and US $90 for members.